Statewide: Challenges for rural hospitals
Many rural hospitals are on track to experience their worst financial year in decades. Lawmakers say a new federal designation could be a lifeline. But others aren't so sure.
Listen to this week's Statewide.
* Dave McKinney reflects on the life and career of outgoing Illinois Secretary of State Jesse White.
* Peter Medlin continues his focus on the freshman year of high school.
* WGLT's Lyndsay Jones looks at the proposed Restoring America's Wildlife Act and what it could mean for Illinois.
* Side Effects Public Media's Natalie Krebs has more on an effort to help rural hospitals and why some are skeptical.
* Tim Shelley speaks with doctors from OSF HealthCare about a new remote patient monitoring program as RSV and other respiratory illnesses spike.
* Maureen McKinney speaks with Wally Paynter of the Southern Illinois AIDS Coalition about a program to help families in the area.
* Maria Gardner Lara speaks with a Rockford student who achieved a perfect ACT score.
* Author Tara McClellan McAndrew tells us how Jane Addams of Hull House became "the most dangerous woman in America."
* We learn about the SAFE2Help app that encourages young people to seek help before harm.