A western Illinois man faces charges for sex-related crimes in two communities in the region.
The Nauvoo Police Department said it arrested Daniel Lafferty, 33, of Nauvoo after investigating allegations he sexually assaulted a child.
He is being held in the Hancock County Jail on $400,000 bond, charged with:
- 1 count of Predatory Criminal Sexual Assault of a Child (Class X Felony)
- 2 counts of Aggravated Criminal Sexual Abuse (Class 2 Felony)
- 10 counts of Child Pornography (Class X Felony)
- 21 counts of Child Pornography (Class 2 Felony)
- 9 counts of Child Pornography (Class 3 Felony)
Nauvoo police said Lafferty is also being held on a “no bond” warrant out of Lee County, where he is charged with:
- 5 counts of Second Degree Sexual Abuse (Class B Felony)
- 5 counts of Incest (Class D Felony)
- 1 count of Indecent Exposure (misdemeanor)
Those charges were filed after an investigation by the Fort Madison Police Department.
Police said they are continuing to investigate and more charges are expected.