Programming Changes Coming to Tri States Public Radio
American Public Media programs including A Prairie Home Companion, Performance Today and The Splendid Table are back.
Starting July 1, the new fiscal year for Tri States Public Radio, some old favorites are returning to our programming schedule. These changes were largely informed by our listener survey and your comments. The new programming grid is below. Here are some highlights:
- The New Yorker Radio Hour will stay at noon on Wednesdays. This was a temporary fill-in after the cancellation of BackStory several months ago.
- The BBC News Hour will now air at 3pm each day, giving you a fresh and international perspective on the day’s news.
- Fresh Air moves to weeknights at 7pm.
- Performance Today returns to TSPR from 8 to 10pm, replacing Exploring Music
- 10pm to Midnight will feature the best in live recorded classical music and some old favorites.
- Monday: The Chicago Symphony
- Tuesday: The New York Philharmonic
- Wednesday: From the Top and The Chamber Music Society of Lincoln Center
- Thursday: Symphony Cast
- Friday: Concierto
- Overnights will feature programming from The BBC World Service, replacing Undercurrents. Undercurrents can still be heard 24-7 online and on our HD-2 channels.
- The Splendid Table is back, Saturdays at Noon replacing Milk Street Radio
- A Prairie Home Companion is back, Saturdays from 5-7pm
- The new jazz lineup includes Afterglow at 7pm, After Hours with Jeff Holtz from 8 to 11pm, Jazz Night in America at 11pm and Nightlights at midnight.
- Bullseye moves to Sundays at 2pm.
Finding the right programming schedule is a constant process of balancing the needs of a diverse audience, finances, and program availability. Please let us know your thoughts at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 309-298-1873.
New Programming Grid (pdf)