Illinois Tourism Revenue Up, Despite State Economy
Illinois Director of Tourism Cory Jobe visited Macomb this week to provide some insight into what he called the department's success.
Jobe provided some notable statistics from fiscal year 2014.
- Illinois welcomed 110 million domestic and international visitors (up 3.8% from 2013)
- $36 billion in tourism revenue earned (up 5.1% from 2013)
- $2.7 billion in state and local tax revenue generated
- Saved the average household $1,300 in taxes
- $255 million in hotel-motel tax revenue
- 5,000 new jobs created in Illinois
- $7 return on each $1 invested into destination marketing
Jobe added that several new marketing campaigns will be debuted by the Dept. of Tourism throughout 2016.