MDH CEO Resigns
McDonough District Hospital said President and Chief Executive Officer Kenny Boyd will resign this summer. In a statement issued late Friday afternoon, the hospital said Boyd is taking a job at a healthcare facility in Tennessee, which is closer to his family.
The hospital's Board of Directors said it will soon appoint an interim President & CEO, and a nationwide search will be held to find Boyd’s successor.
Boyd came to MDH as President & CEO in July 2011. The hospital statement said accomplishments during Boyd’s tenure include:
- Opening the Convenient Care clinic inside the Macomb Hy-Vee store
- Construction of the Bushnell Family Practice facility
- Expansion of Health Services Building 2
- Expansion of emergency services
- Expansion of Senior Behavioral Health services
- Expansion of Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation services
The hospital also said plans have been finalized for expanding the Dolores Kator Switzer Women’s Center.
Boyd came to MDH from the Girard Medical Center in Girard, Kansas.